Monday 30 November 2015

Tips for Staying Mentally Healthy

Mind-Body Connection – (Just Keep Moving)
Just Keep Moving

Hey guys and today I want to talk to you about mental health and mental illness. Some of the things I've learned from having some depression and anxiety, Some strategies that have helped me. I would love to share with you today.


Mind-Body Connection – (Just Keep Moving)

Exercising is a fabulous thing. Now, I hate the word "exercising" so I don't use that word. and it helps me just think about - I love to move. I love to walk, I love to dance, I love to play tennis. Just keep moving. If you just keep moving You'll feel better.


 

Mind-Body Connection – (Choose Vegetables)
Choose Vegetables

Mind-Body Connection – (Choose Vegetables)

We all know we should eat better but it's sometimes very difficult to do so. If you just think, "Can I choose having a vegetable or fruit instead of something else?" And it doesn't mean all the time but If you can just tweak your diet to be a little bit more healthy, it helps your whole body and your mind, as well.

Mind-Body Connection – (Get Your Rest)
Get Your Rest

Mind-Body Connection – (Get Your Rest)

So, our body needs sleep. People tell me that their mind is just going 90 miles/hour when it's time to go to bed. And individuals that write what they're thinking and feeling and can kind of let go of it from their head to the paper and sometimes that's a helpful technique. But making sure that you get plenty of sleep is just so important for overall wellness.

 

Mind-Body Connection – (Keep Trying To Quit)
Keep Trying To Quit

Mind-Body Connection – (Keep Trying To Quit)

You know, we hear all the time that - don't smoke... It's a very difficult addiction. They say nicotine addiction is like seven times more addicting than alcohol. So it's very difficult to stop smoking, but the secret is to keep trying. Whatever you're doing, just keep trying and it will work. It will happen.

 

Mind-Body Connection – (Be Grateful)
Be Grateful

Mind-Body Connection – (Be Grateful)

How can we be intentional about what we think about? Because that can be so helpful. There are many studies that are coming out - People that are grateful are more successful and one of the simplest things they suggest is, daily, think about 3 things that you're grateful for  They say it changes your whole makeup of your body and your thinking and feeling.

 

Mind-Body Connection – (Personal Reflection)
Personal Reflection

Mind-Body Connection – (Personal Reflection)

Writing goals can be helpful. Every year, I develop goals And I get them out every other week and see how I'm doing. Some people pray. You know, just having meditation time or time to pray is very helpful for them.

 

Mind-Body Connection – (Giving To Others)
Giving To Others

Mind-Body Connection – (Giving To Others)

Giving to others is very powerful. When I'm not feeling good, staying inside my head is not the best thing I can do for myself. So, I try to make a commitment to volunteer... to help a neighbor......to call someone that I think could use a phone call... I try to write notes to individuals that I think just need some caring and support at difficult times and that gets me feeling grateful and I feel good that I have reached out to others.

 

Mind-Body Connection – (Engage In Hobbies)
Engage In Hobbies

Mind-Body Connection – (Engage In Hobbies)

Hobbies are very helpful. Sometimes we let go of our hobbies, we lose interest But think about new ones or ones that you've had passion for in the past.


Mind-Body Connection – (Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late)
Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late

Mind-Body Connection – (Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late)

If you're suicidal, or know someone who may be suicidal Call (9-1-1) your national distress number right away or go to the emergency room. But just reach out for help or help that other individual reach out for help.


You can help raise mental awareness, spread the word by having this conversation with your family, friends and individuals suffering from mental illness and remember you mental health is just as important!

No comments:

Post a Comment